Forum -> General Discussion ->Good Self help Books you would like to suggest

Anything and everything concerning Food, Dairy, FMCG, Beverage, Pharma industries

Moderator: greyhair

victordhone
Gold User
Gold User

victordhone's Profile

Good Self help Books you would like to suggest

Postby victordhone » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:21 pm

I know this is completely off the topic, but why stick to only one thing. I am looking for some good self help books, I would really appreciate if anybody would care to suggest me one. It can be on any topic. I have already read the Secret by Rhonda Byrne, it really helped me a lot in my life. If you haven't read this book I would suggest you to read it asap.

vijay

vijay's Profile

Re: Good Self help Books you would like to suggest

Postby vijay » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:32 pm

Few of my favorites are Seven habits of highly effective people, The power of now, Fish: A remarkable way to boost morale and improve results, how to win friends and influence people...

All of these are oldies, but definitely worth a read.

victordhone
Gold User
Gold User

victordhone's Profile

Postby victordhone » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:30 pm

Vijay, thanks mate! Seven habits of highly effective people, is definitely worth a read. I read that book last year. I am planning to read it once again. About the book "The Power of Now" it sounds good. How would you rate that book on a scale of 1 - 10. Have you applied anything from that book in your life? If yes, how did it help?

Ferrara

Ferrara's Profile

Postby Ferrara » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:23 pm

Thanks, Victordhone. The Power of now is quite a philosophical book and I try and follow the useful lessons of that book. I think, I am less anxious now, still a lot to do on myself to be in present all the time.

I think "The Power of now" is definitely one of the most influencing book I have ever read.

vijay

vijay's Profile

Postby vijay » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:13 pm

Thanks Victordhone and Ferrara, I will rate The Power of now 8/10, sometimes I had gone to sleep whilst reading it. Definitely a very good book as after reading it, I don't live in future anymore. :)

victordhone
Gold User
Gold User

victordhone's Profile

Postby victordhone » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:16 pm

Vijay and Ferrara, you guys are awesome! Just reading a book is not enough applying it in your life is more important. Ferrara If you let good books like these influence you, I think you are on the right track. Sometimes application does become a but difficult, I hope I can do it. I started reading the book already and I am feeling more positive, well, at least the Monday blues aren't affecting me anymore ;)
Vijay, man, you are my star! You are the reason I am reading this book. And trust me, I read to fall asleep mate :D So we are on the same page! :lol:

vijay

vijay's Profile

Postby vijay » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:00 pm

Thanks for your kind words victordhone :)

Return to General Discussion

Return to Forum

All posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the Administrators, Support nor Triple M Expo Pty Ltd.