Forum -> Packaging Design ->Critical steps for new pack design

Discuss about Packaging Design
VG
Silver User
Silver User

VG's Profile

Critical steps for new pack design

Postby VG » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:53 pm

Prototyping, engineering design, manufacturing assessment, design & product validation, process development, logistics and customer receptivity. How can we reduce the timelines for all these activities. What tools, structured processes you use? DFMEA, how good is it? Has anyone in new pack design development in food industry used it? Any other tools or processes to make the new design development process smooth, fast and foolproof?

Ferrara

Ferrara's Profile

Re: Critical steps for new pack design

Postby Ferrara » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:24 pm

I would say the most important requirement is customer centric design. The new pack designer should feel the product like consumer, think like a marketer, plan like a scientist and Engineer and conceive the final benefits to the bottom line like the business owner..

After that comes the holistic development of the new product which ensures cost effective solution, which takes good care of structural design, label and graphics requirements, Engineering, operational convenience, technology, sustainability, manufacturing ease and so on..

Once you can do that, the new pack designer job is easy :) , no wonders ladies become better new product developers..., as definitely ladies are better in multi- tasking...

VG
Silver User
Silver User

VG's Profile

Postby VG » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:37 pm

Thanks, Ferrara.

Now that you have brought ladies in the equation, I will need to agree with you... :roll:

Not sure, if being of fairer sex makes you a better product development professional, but there are few statements which can't be countered. Good on you...

victordhone
Gold User
Gold User

victordhone's Profile

Postby victordhone » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Well said Ferrara, though multitasking is not everybody's cup of tea one can definitely give it a try. However, if that doesn't work, we can always hire people to do it for us. Am I right or am I right? ;)

vijay

vijay's Profile

Postby vijay » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:58 am

I like it, well said Ferrara and victordhone :)

victordhone
Gold User
Gold User

victordhone's Profile

Postby victordhone » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:48 pm

I agree these are the critical steps from customer's and manufacturer's point of view. I think we also need to focus on a different angle here. We have to focus on environment friendly packaging. We don't want to affect the environmental health while following this process, for it indirectly will affect the human health. We have to focus on designs that will cause least to no harm to the environment. This we can achieve by using fully automatic efficient packaging machines. For when we say efficient we know it uses less energy and gives more outcome. I suggest trusted seller http://www.lagerbladmachine.com/

vijay

vijay's Profile

Postby vijay » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:53 pm

Hi Victordhone,

I second you on your emphasis on environmental impact of packaging.

On another matter, I really liked the CMC carton wrap machine on your site.

I think that this machine definitely has the potential to substantially improve the supply chain productivity in E-commerce industry.

Do you know if any of this machine is sold in Australia as of now?

Regarding the converting material / cardboard, Is there any specific requirements OR the local packaging converting companies can provide the cardboard for such a machine?

As a budget estimate, what sort of money we are talking about to buy this machine.

Looking forward to your insight on this.

Ferrara

Ferrara's Profile

Postby Ferrara » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:07 am

Vijay, I am not sure if this CMC machine has been widely accepted by the market as yet. I understand that there are a lot of other on demand packaging machines, which produce boxes for tertiary packaging basis the unique pack dimensions. PackSize is one such company from USA and as I understand, many other companies in Asia are trying to emulate this concept.

Return to Packaging Design

Return to Forum

All posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the Administrators, Support nor Triple M Expo Pty Ltd.