Forum -> New Product Development ->Fascinating packaging design vs significantly better product

Exchange information on New Product Development
vijay

vijay's Profile

Fascinating packaging design vs significantly better product

Postby vijay » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:24 pm

Packaging is always one of the biggest pulling factor during our impulsive decision making.

Most of the times organizations spend a lot of money in terms of bringing that extra pull factor in the market space.

Can this packaging design overhaul ever take the place of excellent functional and innovative products?

When the consumer in Food and FMCG domain is becoming more and more price conscious and brands USP's are being softened by similar manufacturing processes and products. How can the companies keep their long standing brands alive?

I have seen many companies R&D being occupied in driving costs down somehow, it is good in a sense but if the focus shifts from bringing an innovative product in the market to rationalizing the logistics & packaging formats, then Is the NPD in your organization going in the right direction?

Some of the products still amaze everyone and leave a distinguished mark (Nespresso being the latest one I can think of).

How do some companies remain on the fore front by continually innovating whilst others go in the oblivion?

Ferrara

Ferrara's Profile

Re: Fascinating packaging design vs significantly better pro

Postby Ferrara » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:11 am

Business Leaders lay the vision and decide the course of action for their organizations, when the leader is occupied with short-term goal of improving bottom line figures, then the innovation becomes materials savings focused and as the leadership becomes more adventurous and serious about long term sustainability & growth, real new products become the focus area.

There are very few companies who give the due importance to both these key product development opportunities.

Kumar

Kumar's Profile

Postby Kumar » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:34 pm

Yep, it is more to do with the immediate need of keeping the stakeholders & shareholders happy in the short to medium term.

victordhone
Gold User
Gold User

victordhone's Profile

Postby victordhone » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:33 pm

Well, I scratched my brains a little today to try and figure out how come some companies remain on the fore front hilst others go in the oblivion? What I think is, Some leaders are capable of taking risks, while others carry to much worry. Some leaders focus on innovation while others copy others and go on with the regular business models. Leaders who take risks, who concentrate on innovation are the ones who leave a mark.

vijay

vijay's Profile

Postby vijay » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:38 pm

Well said, victordhone! You have hit the nail...

I second you on this.

Yan

Yan's Profile
Location: Oriental Center Building, No. 100, Shangdu Road, Zhengzhou City, Henan Province, China.

Re: Fascinating packaging design vs significantly better product

Postby Yan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:13 pm

Maybe you can see more details information about packing machine: http://www.peanutbutterm.com/ add my skype: serenayan666

Return to New Product Development

Return to Forum

All posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the Administrators, Support nor Triple M Expo Pty Ltd.