Forum -> Quality Assurance ->foreign particles in liquid

Discuss anything regarding Quality aspects in Manufacturing Operations.
Ash1
Gold User
Gold User

Ash1's Profile

foreign particles in liquid

Postby Ash1 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:32 pm

Shouting for help on this as i can't seem to get anywhere. The tiny foreign particles are a source of constant headache in the liquid after filling the beverage in glass bottles. The filler is a KHS filler 1988 make. We've tried everything from getting all the seals changed to putting inline filters before the filler to zero out the problem area. So far all the evidence points to the filler but can't make out where from??? The bottles have been checked before packing and they seem to be ok. Can anyone throw any ideas??????????

Kumar

Kumar's Profile

Re: foreign particles in liquid

Postby Kumar » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:00 pm

"Tiny foreign particles" can you please elaborate a bit more regarding the size?

What product are you talking about, in beverage juices have fibres and many other products like coconut water is no good without the coconut pulp. I assume you are filling clear liquid.

CSD or still beverages? Alcoholic or non alcoholic ?

What foreign particles are these ? Rubber based, pieces of sugar, stone, metal?

How are you finding these contaminants? X-ray inspection on line or by any other inspection method, in lab during testing? Customer complaints?

Request you to provide more details so that I can be of some help?

Ash1
Gold User
Gold User

Ash1's Profile

Re: foreign particles in liquid

Postby Ash1 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:35 pm

The sizes of particles vary from 0.3mm to 4mm. Talking of alcoholic beverages here and they are being picked up during on line visual inspection

Return to Quality Assurance

Return to Forum

All posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the Administrators, Support nor Triple M Expo Pty Ltd.