Forum -> Productivity & Efficiency Improvement ->Efficiency,Effectiveness and Productivity

Share information, discuss ways to improve Productivity & Efficiency in manufacturing operations and logistics.
Gaurav

Gaurav's Profile

Efficiency,Effectiveness and Productivity

Postby Gaurav » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:18 pm

What is the relationship between efficiency, effectiveness and productivity and what is the path that can be followed to bring about ‘improvement’?

victordhone
Gold User
Gold User

victordhone's Profile

Re: Efficiency,Effectiveness and Productivity

Postby victordhone » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:19 pm

This question might sound easy but the answer is equally complicated. But, good question mate. If i have to answer in short I would say that Efficiency is achieving maximum by investing minimum, it can be both good or bad. Effectiveness on the other hand cares for best end product.These two can work together or against each other. When these two work together you get the best results, and that's what productivity is.
So to summarize, EFFICIENCY + EFFECTIVENESS = PRODUCTIVITY. Hope I managed to answer your question.

vijay

vijay's Profile

Re: Efficiency,Effectiveness and Productivity

Postby vijay » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:54 pm

Excellent reply, Victordhone. :) , very well put.

The way I understand, Efficiency might be lagging in context, whilst effectiveness mostly has the context associated with it and productivity is when efficiency combines with effectiveness to provide a more economical and better solution than usually anticipated.
We can move in the right direction by having the right intentions, by being truthful and by honestly working together to achieve the final outcome...

Return to Productivity & Efficiency Improvement

Return to Forum

All posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the Administrators, Support nor Triple M Expo Pty Ltd.